Chummer, Warband, and the Civilopedia My own little development projects

2Jun/110

Chummer Build 102 Available

Build 102

  • changed Options to a single instance class which to speed up execution and reduces memory usage
  • changed XmlManager to a single instance class to speed up execution time and reduces memory usage
  • minor change to how XmlManager handles files to work with non-Windows operating systems
  • validation check when moving a character to Career Mode now checks that a Tradition or Stream has been selected if MAG or RES Attributes are enabled
  • passing a save file as a command line argument now opens the save file in the correct mode instead of forcing it to Create Mode
  • corrected the number of extra Matrix IPs that Advanced Overclocking grants to 1 since it stacks with Overclocking
  • fixed an issue that caused non-Clothing Armor with a +X Armor Rating to counts its bonus twice
  • Karma and Nuyen Expenses can now be renamed by double-clicking on an Expense Entry
  • Advanced Lifestyles now have Starting Nuyen information populated when they are added to the character based on their LP cost (not including Qualities)
  • characters that do not have a Lifestyle when attempting to enter Career Mode are given the Street Lifestyle
  • added an option to include Modifiers in Skills even when Defaulting (disabled by default)
  • added an option to change the amount of Nuyen gained per BP (default 5000)
  • added an option to enforce the maximum modified rating for Skills (enabled by default)
  • added an option to confirm Karma Expenses (enabled by default)
  • added an option to set the Karma cost for additional Metamagics/Echoes
  • added support for purchasing additional Metamagics/Echoes with Karma
  • updated the Game Master Summary sheet to put all combat-relevant information together
  • Complex Forms now support Program Options (thanks for ShadowWalker for getting all of the data entered)
  • added Signal, Response, and Firewall Vehicle Mods (thanks for ShadowWalker for getting those entered as well)
  • added buttons to spend and regain Edge to the Condition Monitors tab in Career Mode
  • Adept Powers with a Quality requirement now enforce them
  • added Custom Commlink and Custom Commlink OS items to Commlinks and Commlink Operating Systems in Gear which let you assemble custom Commlinks
  • added support for Used Vehicles
  • Vehicles can now have any Gear added to them (Add Sensor and Add Ammunition have all been rolled into this)
  • Vehicles now come pre-equipped with non-Weapon Gear
  • added appropriate ECCM and Sensors to Vehicles
  • added Minigrenades to Gear
  • Grenade Launchers now use Minigrenades as Ammo in Career Mode
  • adding missing Range information for Battle Rifles
  • added support for Weapon Concealability
  • added Weapon Concealability information to Weapons
  • Tradition and Stream are now drop down lists in Career Mode to allow characters to change their Tradition/Stream during play or select a new Tradition/Stream because of a Latent Quality
  • Technomancers no longer benefit from Gear-based Matrix Initiative Pass modifiers (Sim Modules)
  • added support for Nexi
16Sep/100

Blood Bowl Pitch

When I found out the local GW store was going to be starting another season of Blood Bowl, I decided to give the game a try. After a quick trial game, I was hooked. I picked up a Human team and signed up for the league. After the first couple of games, I discovered that most of the people didn't have a pitch available. Knowing that a few of my friends would probably want to play it, too, I figured I'd set about creating a pitch of my own. After finding all of the pitch measurements online, I was set.

The board itself is a sheet of MDF that I had trimmed down to be just wide enough to fit in the trunk of my car. The sheet first got a coat of primer (as recommended by a friend - I'd have never thought of that for MDF, but that's why I'm not handy with that sort of thing). Once the primer was dry the whole thing was covered in green acrylic paint. My original intention at this point was to cover the whole thing in flock. I glued down some sandy patches, then started doing the flock in a few sections. When I realised how much of a pain in the butt that was going to be, and just the sheer amount of flock I'd need (not to mention the cost of it), I decided to do away with it. I scraped up most of the material and re-painted everything. I'm rather glad I did this now - the textured effect is really neat and looks better than just painting a few rough patches onto a green field.

While the paint was drying, it was time to plot the field. I created a grid using Paint.NET and tiled it across 9 sheets of paper that were taped together. I taped the grid onto the board and marked each intersection on the board by hammering it with a nail. With all of the points marked, I painted each of them in by hand which was a bigger job than I had anticipated.

That last pieces to be painted in were the score, turn, weather, and direction boxes which were all measured out at 1" squares. Rather than painting a turn track for each half, I did just 1 and have a special double-sided turn marker that has a "1" side and "2" side to show the current half.

The whole thing only took 2 days to put together and I'm very pleased with the result. It's durable but nice and light and very each to move from home to the store for a game.

Completed Blood Bowl pitch

Filed under: Blood Bowl No Comments